NEVADA CITY, CA – The worldwide electronics assembly market has nearly quadrupled in size in the last 20 years, says New Venture Research, reaching some $1.4 trillion in 2015 in terms of cost of goods sold.

The growth in the trend to outsource electronics assembly to EMS and ODM firms has expanded during this time at a 20% CAGR, says the research firm, and now accounts for approximately 40% of all electronics manufacturing production. The remaining 60% is manufactured by OEMs.

Nearly half (44%) of the computer market has been outsourced, while automotive (14%), industrial (24%) and medical (25%) remain primarily in-house.


Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedInPrint Article